Innovative Orthotics and Prosthetics is locally owned and operated by William S. (Bill) and Sharon Layman. They have worked in the Orthotics and Prosthetics field since the 70’s. In 1971, Bill became an amputee due to a motorcycle accident. After he was fitted with his prosthesis and learned to walk again, he became inspired and interested in the field and worked for several local companies in the New Orleans area. On November 15, 1993, Bill and Sharon opened Innovative Orthotics and Prosthetics of Louisiana, Inc. in Harahan, Louisiana. They set forth to offer qualified and competent service in Orthotics and Prosthetics. Since then they have built and designed a modern facility in Kenner, Louisiana.
This facility was designed to better serve their clientele with its convenience for the handicap and elderly patients. This new facility also has been equipped with the high technology of the Tracer CAD and PDI Carver, which is used to perform computer imaging and the carving of prosthetics for the lower extremities. The MYO-BOY is a computer to test patients for myo-elecric upper extremity prosthesis. These new technologies help to provide accurate measurements and timely services. This facility is accredited through The Board of Certification (BOC) in Orthotics and Prosthetics. Bill Layman has achieved his certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics through The Board of Certification (BOC) in Orthotics and Prosthetics and American Board of Certification (ABC). Sharon Layman is a certified Orthotic and Mastectomy Fitter through The Board of Certification (BOC) in Orthotics and Prosthetics and American Board of Certification (ABC).
- William S. Layman – BOC PO, CPO, President, Past President of LAOP
- Sharon L. Layman – Certified/Registered Fitter, Orthotic/Mastectomy
- Debney Brown – Assistant Manager, CFOM
- Sara Clark – Secretary
- David Brown – Technician-Prosthetics
- Ronald Robinson – CP
Memberships / Accreditations
- Members of American Orthotic & Prosthetic Association (AOPA)
- Members of Louisiana Association of Orthotist and Prosthetist (LAOP)
- Members of American Academy of Orthotist and Prosthetist (AAOP)
- Facility Accredited by Board for Orthotist / Prosthetist Certification (BOC)